Your privacy is critically important to us. At Compuco, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
We believe in powering the open Internet with code that is open source and are proud to say that the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL. Unlike most other services, because our GPL code is public, you can actually download and take a look at that code to see how it works.
- Use our websites (including compucorp.io, careers.compuco.io)
- Use our services (i.e. analysis, design and build of digital platforms)
- Attend our events (i.e. meetups, training sessions or conferences)
- Apply for job vacancies as an applicant via careers.compuco.io or other recruitment platforms used by Compucorp Ltd.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Contact Information: If you make an enquiry online about our services through compuco.io, or attend one of our events, we collect your name, email address and any basic other details that you chose to provide to us.
- Staff information: If you become a client, there is some additional information that you normally provide to us. This would be the name, email address and other contact details of any of your staff involved in the project. This is stored so that we can contact you in order to facilitate the project.
- Applicant information: If you apply for a position with us we collect your name, email address, some basic information about your experiences and interests, your language skills and any basic other details that you chose to provide to us as part of your CV or otherwise.
Communications with Us (Hi There!):
You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our Team about a support question or during the course of a digital project.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, location of that IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you submit a form online, or when you apply for a job with us.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
- We may also get information about you from other sources. The information we receive depends on which services you authorise and any options that are available.
- The most likely cases are that your organisation or employer will provide some details about you for the course of the project or that a recruitment platform may provide your information to us as part of filling a job vacancy.
- We may also get information from third party services about individuals who are not yet our clients (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes or communication about a potential future work opportunity.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services–for example, to communicate during a project, maintain your digital platform, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop our Services–for example by offering additional consultancy or support packages that we think will help out clients to manage their digital platforms more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyse trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Compucorp Ltd. and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by Compucorp Ltd. and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Compucorp Ltd. and our products; and
- To personalise your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
- To recruit new members of the team and to analyse and report on our recruitment effectiveness.
- To stay in touch with applicants about current or future job opportunities.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Compucorp Ltd., third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorise us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site through our Publicise feature.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information within any content that you make public on any of the digital platforms that we create or maintain on your behalf are all available to others–and we hope you get a lot of views! Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorised access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you contact us or apply online for a job role, you can choose not to provide the optional information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information we may not be able to fully process your applicant or respond to you.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Compucorp Ltd. does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Compucorp Ltd’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of Compucorp Ltd’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Contact us: You can also contact us at any time at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be removed from any specific mailing list or database.
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
Compucorp Ltd. is a worldwide team and service. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
In the specific case of recruitment, we do expressly share the details of applicants amongst our worldwide team.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Third Party Software
A lot of our services are delivered using third party software. We don’t own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about collection, use and sharing of information. You should review their rules and policies when using third party software not developed by Compucorp Ltd.
One More Thing: This Policy Is Available Under a Creative Commons Sharealike License
v1.0 - 17th Nov 2021
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Compuco, we have a few fundamental principles: